Your Life Compass®
Take a Moment
QUIZ - LIFE SATISFACTION
by Thelma Mariano
Some days we feel more content with our lives than others depending on our mood, the events going on in our lives and even the weather. However there is a way of telling what your overall life satisfaction is. I invite you to take my quiz to see which areas of your life are lacking and which are full. Then read my tips on improving your level of satisfaction. Good luck!
To determine your degree of life satisfaction, answer True or False to the following.
Give yourself 1 point for each “True” response and add your points.
- I enjoy getting out of bed most mornings, as I look forward to starting the day.
- I generally see the problems in my life as challenges which I can learn from.
- I am usually able to focus on what I am doing and feel energetic.
- I experience a high level of satisfaction in my work.
- I have a sense of meaning and purpose in my life.
- I do not dwell on my past or future but am able to live fully in the present.
- I experience a sense of belonging with others - whether it’s with my family, in my community, at work or in certain groups.
- I am rarely bored.
- I am proud of my accomplishments in life so far.
- I am able to accept constructive criticism on my performance.
- I have sufficient income for my needs.
- I take proper care of my body with a balance of good eating habits, regular exercise and enough sleep.
- There is at least one person in my life with whom I can share my fears as well as my joys.
- I feel loved most of the time.
- I actively care for others in my life - whether family, friends, strangers or pets.
- I feel comfortable in my own skin and for the most part am content to be who I am.
- Though I always strive to improve, I recognize my own limitations and do not push myself in ways that are detrimental to my well-being.
- I am able to graciously receive gifts or compliments and feel deserving of a rewarding life.
- I feel that I am making a difference in other people’s lives - whether at home, at work or in the community.
- I can find at least five things to be grateful for in my current life.
|0 - 5
||Dissatisfied with my present life
|6 - 10
|11 - 15
|16 - 20
A few points to consider in order to increase your level of satisfaction: